- What personal information do you collect?
- Only what you give us. We know what names and email addresses people use on the contact page, and we know what people type in the search bar. Other than that, we collect nothing.
- What do you do with this information?
- We use the search information to see if we are providing people with the information they are looking for. Obviously, if someone uses the contact page, we use their information to respond to them. We don’t rent, share, give, sell, or even think about providing this information to anyone unless their request is accompanied by a valid court order.
- Yes. Most sites do, if only to provide you with a customized interface or to navigate the site and allow you to retrace your steps. Our site does this as well. We do not use advertising cookies, tracker cookies, or any other form of cookies other than those that are crucial to the navigation of our site.
- What about my computer’s information?
- Every computer has an Internet Protocol (IP) address. That address, browser type, operating system, and the referring site (i.e., where you were before you came to our site) are all logged by our web server. This information is not personally identifying and is solely used to get an idea of how many people are using our site, with what technologies, and how we can improve our web site.
- Will I ever get email from you?
- Only if you ask us to contact you through our contact page or sign up for one of our mailing lists. We are not a marketing company. We don’t like spam in our mailboxes, and we assume you don’t either. We do, however, like to keep interested parties informed on what is happening with the company, our products, and any special promotions that we might have. To this end, we do encourage you to follow us on Twitter and/or signup for our newsletter.
- Law enforcement
- As mentioned, if we receive a lawful court order to release information, then we will comply with the law. We will also release information when necessary to protect the life, safety or property of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection, identity theft protection, and credit risk reduction. Note that SmartVox collects no credit card information or personally identifying information at all on our web site.
- We do not offer our services to children. If you are under 18, you may use this site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Other websites