Porting Your Number
Moving an existing phone number from your current provider to SmartVox is called porting your number. The process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks and can tedious. Remember, you're dealing with 100 years of old-school telephone companies that don't want to lose your business. Don't tell your current provider that you're leaving or that you want to cancel service. We'll let you know when it's safe to cancel your existing service.
It all starts by filling out the form to the right. If you get stuck along the way, feel free to contact us and ask us for assistance. Thanks!
- Start by filling out the form using the instructions provided. If your numbers are not available for porting, please stop here, and contact us.
- On the following page, enter the following information:
- Current Carrier – Enter the EXACT NAME as it is on your current phone bill
- Username or email – username or email you have on file with your current carrier.
- If you do not have one or do not know what it is, just enter your email address
- Partial port – yes or no
- If you are porting EVERYthing from your previous provide, select NO
- If you are leaving behind ANYthing, select YES
- Note that if you are leaving behind DSL or other internet service, then this IS a partial port!
- If you select partial port, please list ALL SERVICES that are being left behind with the previous carrier. You can simply write “internet service, 123-456-7890, etc.” You will also need to provide the new Billing Telephone Number (BTN) for the services you are porting. In most cases, this is your main company phone number.
- Wireless number – select this if you are porting a mobile phone number
- Account number – enter from your current phone bill
- Company Name – enter your company name
- End user’s name – This is your name (or authorized contact)
- Address – Enter the service address. Note that street number and name are separate fields
- Billing Telephone Number (BTN) – This is the phone number your current provider uses to contact you. Normally, it is your main company number (most likely, the number you are porting)
- Contact number – This is how we will contact you with any questions.
- Rate plan – Choose PPM. Do not choose any other rate plan as this will delay your port request!
- When finished, click “Submit port order“
And that’s it! We will be notified when you have submitted your request, and if there is anything missing or not filled out correctly, we will get back to you. You may need to contact your existing provider for additional information. Do not, at any time, tell them to cancel service. We will let you know when it is safe to cancel your existing service with them.
Please note that Billing Telephone Number (BTN) may not always be the same for every number. In some cases, the BTN is the number being ported, even if it is not the main number for your organization. Unfortunately, we will not know this until 1-3 days after your submission. If the BTN turns out to be incorrect, we will get back to you and you will need to contact your current provider to ask for this additional information.